Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Part two of two.

Holla to the world, Relay For Life!


As most (some) of you know our team, The Daffadown Dillies, participated in this years Relay For Life on May 30th. We're always last minute and unorganized but we always pull through. This year our group comprised of 10 people, including brant, krista and Jason (post below). Our theme was Super Heroes and we rocked it pretty hard for being so last minute too! included in this picture that our friend Derek took you can see all of our ridiculous costumes including Elecktra, The Green Arrow, The Flash, The Green Lantern, Iron Man, Eureka (something I made up cause I was SO last minute and a lovely lady Robin. We always have the most people comment on our creativity and costumes which is awesome and makes things a little funner given the reason why we were there.
It's always hard for me to go there, seeing the "Survivour Lap" and taking part in the Luminary ceremony. I lost my Popie when I was 13, he was my bestest friend and someone who I looked up to greatly. And in the fall we all lost one of the biggest parts of our summer lives, Jay's Gramma. Other members on the team have their own personal stories and how they've been affected by cancer and once a year we can get together and take part in the 12 hour fight against cancer.
Our team raised an amazing $2, 295.91. Kudos to all of the members on our team!
If anyone would still like to donate, our team is still taking donation up to the 21st of July, follow this link to make your donation today!

Now for pictures!Luminaries lit in memory Gramma and Popie.

It's a good thing kissing doesn't cause cancer cause I'd be full of it.

2 a.m DANCE PARTY!!!!

Iron Man get's the love, and by Iron Man I mean me in a mask.

Some more sexy times.

Brant's fantasy comes to life.

It's 3 a.m., Krista and Kevin have gone mad.


And then it rained and we hid out in our tent 'til the morning. we rock. Congrats to our team, here's to next year of fun, last minute and randomness!!



P.S - I promise that the next post won't be about depressing cancer, it'll be about sexy fun times. ox.



1 comment:

Krista said...

That was the least depressing post about cancer ever. What a crazy night it was so much fun, and we did do very well with the fund raising, pretty close to the group's goal I think. And everyone loved our enthusiasm of course. Thanks for organinze it eric you're rad, I am excited for next year's and the year after!