Monday, June 9, 2008

Part one of two.


An exhibit worth visiting, for sure
.

In February I scrambled my brain trying to come up with a unique and
simple idea to photograph for the Photosensitive Cancer Connections exhibit that was taking entries for the launch in Toronto at Nathan Phillips Square on May 2oth. In the end it was a no brainer.

My
best friend Jason lost his Gramma, one of the greatest ladies of ALL TIME to a long battle to cancer in September of 2007. We both got tribute tattoos, most of you have seen the yellow canary bird on my forearm and Jay dedicated a good chunk of his arm to his best friend an amazing Gramma.

I wanted the photo not to be sad and it made sense for Jay to be the subject. He's not sad about Gramma's passing by rather remembers all of the great things that they did together. I think that this photo is very reflective of that, because when he looks at his arm he's not sad, rather he smiles and is happy. I think that she would think that his tattoo and my photo was the best da
mn tribute to the rocking-est, hardcore, drink-your-face-off with the teenagers at the trailer and dance kinda Gramma. She was, and still is amazing. We'll definitely be having some drinks in her honour when we go camping in a few weeks, it's a given.







Here's to Gram.
I took a video at he exhibit, excuse my bad
commentary and man voice. Other than that, enjoy.

Here it is amongst all of the amazing and very touching photographs that people all over Canada submitted.

The mandatory kiss. It's pretty excited, he's almost lifesize!

Here are some people looking at the exhibit, there were lots of people milling about.
Hopefully they looked
at mine, ha.

One of my bestests Karen's photo was there as well.
Her subject, Ryan, her boyfriend and also our friend
lost his mother to cancer and agreed to be
a part
of this great exhibit. Yay for us!!!!!!!


2 comments:

Krista... said...

awww, that is such an amazing tribute. and a great photo.

Krista said...

you done good, e <3