Saturday, October 4, 2008

e - i am trying to say, what I want to say, without having to say.

Tweeter!

I ask the question, what does one do when they only work 4 evenings a week?

sleep 'til 10? check.
watch whole seasons of Project Runway? check.
nap? check.

What else is left to do? Luckily I have a lot of friend who like art and I can make things for them that they pretend to like and hang up in their homes.

This is my recent work of crap, er - I mean art. ha. I made this art piece for our friend Brenna for her birthday (surprise) that was at the end of September. It was inspired by the photo, a 1917 portrait of Charlie Chaplin. I wanted it to look antique and rustic as well as beautiful, like royalty.

"Charlie" - gold, green, white and black acrylic paint scratched with a fork, stained with tree leaves covered with white tissue paper and bordered with gold tissue paper, newpaper clippings and a jeweled crown made with random awesome metal squares from Dollarama, also made into the corner pieces.



I've also been on a sort of a health kick recently, this is what I whipped up last night for dinner. Asparagus wrapped with Sole with a tomato on top over a bed of amazing Aztec Rice. Delish.

And lastly, Ansel, aw kitty.

1 comment:

Krista... said...

wow that dinner looks very good and healthy!

i think your art work is great. i wish i lived near you guys and we could have art nights. unfortunately there are just not very many creative people on vancouver island it seems. or at least not any i'm friends with.

your kitties are beautiful. I think Da Vinci said that the cat is a masterpiece. I kinda agree.